Cisco 642-892 Exam - CertifySky.com
Free 642-892 Sample Questions:
1. Which statement is true regarding the configuration of ISL trunks?
A. All Catalyst switches support ISL trunking.
B. A Catalyst switch will report giants if one side is configured for ISL while the other side is not.
C. ISL trunking requires that native VLANs match.
D. A Catalyst switch cannot have ISL and IEEE 802.1q trunks enabled.
2. Which three components are included in the Cisco autonomous WLAN solution?(Choose three.)
A. Wireless LAN Solution Engine (WLSE)
B. Access Control Server (ACS)
C. Wireless Control System (WCS)
D. Wireless Services Module (WiSM)
E. Wireless Domain Services (WDS)
F. Lightweight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP)
Answer: A, B, E
3. Which statement is true about IPv6?
A. Only one IPv6 address is assigned per node.
B. Only one IPv6 address can be assigned to each interface.
C. Each host can autoconfigure its address without the aid of a DHCP server.
D. IPv6 hosts use anycast addresses to assign IP addresses to interfaces.
4. Which two features or capabilities are valid options for both an Autonomous and a Lightweight WLAN solution? (Choose two)
A. use of a Cisco Wireless Location Appliance for location tracking
B. use of Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) for security
C. Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) for management
D. PoE capability
Answer: B, D
5. Which three statements are true about EIGRP route summarization? (Choose three.)
A. Manual route summarization is configured in router configuration mode when the router is configured for EIGRP routing.
B. Manual route summarization is configured on the interface.
C. When manual summarization is configured, the summary route will use the metric of the largest specific metric of the summary routes.
D. The ip summary-address eigrp command generates a default route with an administrative distance of 90.
E. The ip summary-address eigrp command generates a default route with an administrative distance of 5.
F. When manual summarization is configured, the router immediately creates a route that points to null0 interface.
Answer: B, E, F
5. Which two statements about the IS-IS routing protocol are true? (Choose two.)
A. IS-IS is capable of supporting IPv4 and IPv6.
B. IS-IS is only capable of supporting IPv4 and CLNS.
C. IS-IS routers use ES-IS hellos (ESH) to establish and to maintain neighbor relationships.
D. IS-IS routers run the Bellman-Ford algorithm against their LSDBs to pick the best paths.
E. Level 1 routers learn about paths within the area of which they are a part.
F. Level 2 routers learn about paths both within areas and between areas.
Answer: A, E
6. Which statement is true about Layer 2 security threats?
A. MAC spoofing, in conjunction with ARP snooping, is the most effective counter-measure against reconnaissance attacks that use dynamic ARP inspection (DAI) to determine vulnerable attack points.
B. DHCP snooping sends unauthorized replies to DHCP queries.
C. ARP spoofing can be used to redirect traffic to counter dynamic ARP inspection.
D. Dynamic ARP inspection in conjunction with ARP spoofing can be used to counter DHCP snooping attacks.
E. MAC spoofing attacks allow an attacking device to receive frames intended for a different network host.
F. Port scanners are the most effective defense against dynamic ARP inspection.
7. What is the difference between the IPv6 addresses ::/0 and ::/128?
A. ::/0 is the unspecified address, and ::/128 is the multicast address.
B. ::/0 is the unicast address, and ::/128 is the anycast address.
C. ::/0 is the unicast address, and ::/128 is the multicast address.
D. ::/0 is the anycast address, and ::/128 is the multicast address.
E. ::/0 is the default route, and ::/128 is the unspecified address.
F. ::/0 is the anycast address, and ::/128 is the default address.
8. Which two statements about WLAN components are true? (Choose two.)
A. Cisco Aironet autonomous access points cannot be supported by the Cisco Unified Wireless Network.
B. Cisco Aironet lightweight access points cannot be supported by the Cisco Unified Wireless Network.
C. In the autonomous access point solution, control is provided by the Wireless Domain Services (WDS).
D. In the autonomous access point solution, control is provided by the WLAN controller.
E. In the lightweight access point solution, WLAN management is provided by the WLAN Solution Engine (WLSE).
F. In the lightweight access point solution, WLAN management is provided by the WLAN Control System (WCS).
Answer: C, F
9. Which command will display EIGRP packets sent and received, as well as statistics on hello packets, updates, queries, replies, and acknowledgments?
A. debug eigrp packets
B. show ip eigrp traffic
C. debug ip eigrp
D. show ip eigrp interfaces
10. Which type of IGMP message is sent when a network client wants to join a multicast group?
A. host membership query
B. host membership report
C. host membership status
D. host membership notification
11. Which commands are required to properly configure a router to run OSPF and to add network 192.168.16.0/24 to OSPF area 0? (Choose two.)
A. Router(config)# router ospf 0
B. Router(config)# router ospf 1
C. Router(config)# router ospf area 0
D. Router(config-router)# network 192.168.16.0 0.0.0.255 0
E. Router(config-router)# network 192.168.16.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
F. Router(config-router)# network 192.168.16.0 255.255.255.0 area 0
Answer: B, E
12. A network administrator would like to configure an EIGRP router as a stub router that advertises directly connected and summary routes only. What command must the administrator issue to accomplish this?
A. Eigrp stub
B. Eigrp stub connected
C. Eigrp stub summary
D. Eigrp stub connected static
E. Eigrp stub receive-only