Cisco 642-426 Exam - CertifySky.com
Free 642-426 Sample Questions:
1. Your Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 cluster is using your corporate Windows 2003 Active Directory for user information. Over the weekend you updated the Windows 2003 Active Directory Server and added a small group of new users. Cisco Unified CallManager is configured to synchronize with the Active Directory server every 8 hours and it has been 32 hours since the last successful synchronization. The configuration on Cisco Unified CallManager did not change during the Active Directory server upgrade and the remainder of the Windows network is functioning properly.
What are two possible causes of this synchronization issue? (Choose two.)
A. The synchronization on the AD server was set to manual.
B. The domain controllers are down.
C. There is a username and or password mismatch between the Cisco Unified CallManager cluster and the Windows AD server.
D. Authorization has not been configured for a third party LDAP service.
E. The LMHOSTS file has been corrupted.
Answer: B, C
2. You have received a trouble ticket stating that when callers dial the internal Help Desk queue at extension 2300, they hear a message that their calls cannot be completed as dialed. Which two issues could cause this problem? (Choose two.)
A. There are no agents logged in to the Help Desk queue.
B. The script associated with the Help Desk queue is corrupt.
C. There is a connectivity issue between Cisco Unified CallManager and the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express server.
D. The route point for 2300 has been modified or deleted in Cisco Unified CallManager, resulting in a synchronization issue.
E. The CSS of the route point for 2300 is incorrect.
Answer: C, D
3. When using trace output to troubleshoot a Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 problem, how can you collect and view the trace files?
A. Download the RTMT plug-in from the Cisco Unified CallManager Serviceability page to view the preconfigured trace files.
B. Configure the proper trace settings on the Cisco Unified CallManager Serviceability page and then use the embedded RTMT tool to view the trace files.
C. Configure the proper alarms and traces on the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration page and view the output with the RTMT plug-in.
D. Configure the proper trace settings on the Cisco Unified CallManager Serviceability page and download the RTMT plug-in from the CallManager Administration page to view the trace output.
4. Which type of echo is found mostly on tail circuits and is due to reflection that causes the Tx signal to appear on the Rx signal?
A. Hybrid echo
B. Talker echo
C. Listener echo
D. Tail-end echo
5. Your Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 cluster has just started to use a third-party LDAP service. Users complain that they are unable to make changes to their passwords in their Cisco Unified CallManager user web pages. How should you resolve this problem?
A. Restart the phones that are having problems to reinitialize the LDAP database.
B. Have the users make changes to their passwords in the LDAP database.
C. Configure automatic synchronization of the LDAP database.
D. Change the passwords on the IP phone screen using the TUI.
6. You have received a trouble ticket stating that an IP phone is not working. When asked, the user informs you the phone is displaying the message "Registration rejected." Which two issues are possible causes of this problem? (Choose two.)
A. The IP phone is not getting an IP address.
B. The IP phone's primary Cisco Unified CallManager has a database replication issue.
C. The primary Cisco Unified CallManager is unavailable and the CallManager group assigned to the IP phone does not include a secondary CallManager.
D. The IP phone has not been defined in Cisco Unified CallManager.
E. The IP phone is not associated with a valid user profile.
Answer: B, D
7. What happens if CDP is not enabled on a switch port to which an IP phone is connected?
A. The phone is unable to acquire an IP address.
B. The phone cannot get its VLAN ID assignments.
C. The phone cannot learn the address of the TFTP server.
D. The switch will put the port into the errDisable state until CDP is enabled.
8. LSC validation is failing on a new SCCP IP phone you have just added to the Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 cluster. No other IP phones are experiencing any problems with LSC validation. What can you do to help pinpoint the problem?
A. View the SDI trace output.
B. Check for security alarms.
C. Use the security configuration menu on the IP phone to verify that an LSC has been downloaded to the IP phone.
D. Verify that the authentication string is correct in the Cisco Unified CallManager device configuration screen.
9. Which log file contains call-processing information from services such as Cisco Unified CallManager and Cisco Unified CallManager CTI Manager?
A. CTI trace
B. SDI trace
D. SDL trace
10. You have received a trouble ticket from a user who could not leave a message for John Doe at extension 2001. The user stated that when the call was forwarded to voice-mail, the Cisco Unity opening greeting was played instead of John Doe's greeting. Which three issues could cause this problem? (Choose three.)
A. The exchange server was down and Cisco Unity was operating in UMR mode.
B. A Cisco Unity call routing rule was added that prevented the Attempt Forward rule from being applied to the call.
C. The voice-mail port used was configured only for Message Notification and MWI Outdial.
D. Extension 2001 was not configured with the correct voice-mail profile.
E. John Doe's mailbox does not have the correct extension configured in Cisco Unity.
F. A translation pattern modified the redirecting number.
Answer: B, D, E
11. Which two methods can be used to correct database replication issues in a cluster running Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1? (Choose two.)
A. Enter the utils dbreplication repair command at the command-line prompt.
B. Execute the dblhelper utility on the publisher.
C. Use the SQL Server Enterprise Manager application to recreate the database subscription.
D. Run the Cisco Unified CallManager BARS utility to restore the database to the subscriber.
E. Use the Informix database utility to recreate the database subscription.
Answer: B, C
12. Your customer has implemented a multipoint control unit to allow conferencing between existing Cisco Unified Video Advantage users. The multipoint control unit appears to be properly configured, but users are complaining that when they conference they get audio but no video. What is the most likely cause?
A. The region configuration is selecting an incorrect codec.
B. The partition or CSS configuration configuration is preventing video setup.
C. The QoS policy is placing video packets in the default queue.
D. The MRGL configuration is selecting the incorrect conference resource.
13. You are troubleshooting why a user cannot make calls to the PSTN. You are reviewing trace files and you have found where the user's IP phone initiates the call but you never see the call go out the gateway. What is the next step in troubleshooting this issue?
A. Look in the SDL trace file to see if there is a signal to another Cisco Unified CallManager node with the same time-stamp.
B. Look in the SDL trace file to see if there is a signal to another Cisco Unified CallManager node with the same TCP handle.
C. Look in the IP Voice Media Streaming App trace file to see if an MTP was invoked.
D. Look in the MGCP trace file to determine which MGCP gateway the call was sent to.
14. You have two Cisco Unified CallManager clusters each using endpoint authentication. You have moved a small group of users from Cluster 1 to Cluster 2 and now their phones are failing to register with Cluster 2. Each phone displays the error message "failure to authenticate on the CTL file".
Which step should be taken to resolve this issue?
A. Restart the Cisco CTL Provider and the Cisco Certificate Authority Proxy Function.
B. Reset each IP phone so the correct CTL file can be downloaded.
C. Perform a factory reset on each IP phone so the correct CTL file can be downloaded.
D. Press the Settings button on each IP phone, select the Security Configuration menu, and reset the trust list.
15. Your company has recently installed a Cisco Unified CallManager cluster and a Cisco Unity voice mail platform. You have received complaints from users that the red MWI light never comes on, even when there are new voice-mail messages in the voice mailboxes. Which two steps must be taken to resolve this issue? (Choose two.)
A. Verify, using the Port Usage tool, that the ports dedicated to MWI on/off are not over-utilized. Add another dedicated port if the current port is over-utilized.
B. Verify that the MWI on/off numbers are unique within the Cisco Unified CallManager cluster dial plan. If they are not, change the MWI on/off numbers in the Cisco Unified CallManager cluster so they are unique and configure the Cisco Unity server so they match.
C. Ensure that the number of ports licensed for the Cisco Unity server is greater than or equal to the number of configured ports.
D. Verify that the calls are being sent to the correct ports on the Cisco Unity server. If they are being sent to the incorrect ones by the Cisco Unified CallManager cluster, correct the values in the cluster.
E. Verify that the same numbers are being used for MWI on/off in both the Cisco Unified CallManager cluster and Cisco Unity server. If they are different, change the Cisco Unity server to match the Cisco Unified CallManager cluster.
Answer: B, E