CompTIA 220-702 Exam - CertifySky.com
Free 220-702 Sample Questions:
1. A system powers on, begins POST, displays the BIOS version information and then hangs with the error
message Error loading operating system. Which of the following is MOST likely cause of this issue?
A. A virus has infected the system
B. Corrupted BOOT.INI file
C. Corrupt MBR
D. Boot sector corruption
2. A client has been unable to fix corruption of system files and does not have a backup or an Automated
System Recovery (ASR) disk. Which of the following is the BEST action to take next?
A. Copy the missing file from another computer and reboot.
B. Execute a Windows repair from the Windows setup media.
C. Boot into the Recovery Console and execute FIXBOOT.
D. Reboot and press the F2 key when prompted.
3. A technician is called for a computer that is not connecting to the network. Which of the following would
be the MOST common tool used to identify the issue?
A. Cable tester
C. Loop back plugs
D. Crossover cable
4.Which of the following is the BEST solution for repairing a hard drive that results in the NTLDR is missing
display upon booting?
A. Use recovery console and the fixmbr command.
B. Use recovery console and the bootcfg /rebuild command.
C. Use recovery console and the fixboot command.
D. Use recovery console and the chkdsk command.
5. A customer reports they are unable to connect to any computers outside of the office and they are unable
to connect to the Internet. When the technician runs ipconfig, the customer gets the following output:
Which of the following could be causing the issue?
A. The subnet mask is not correctly configured.
B. The DNS client has not been configured on the computer.
C. The DHCP client is unable to obtain an IP address from the DHCP server.
D. The default gateway is not specified.
6. A user reports that their system is starting to run slower, especially when opening large local files. The
system has sufficient RAM for the users applications, but the hard drive seems to have higher than normal
activity when opening large files. Which of the following would be the BEST tool to diagnose and
troubleshoot this problem?
A. Task Manager
D. Disk Defragmenter
7. A user states they receive a message Boot device not found half of the time they boot their system.
Which of the following is the MOST likely cause?
A. A dead CMOS battery
B. The OS is not installed on the hard drive
C. A faulty RAM
D. A faulty HDD connection
8. A user reports they can no longer change the web browser home page. Which of the following is MOST
likely the problem?
A. They are using the wrong WEP key.
B. They have been infected with malware.
C. They have lost Internet connectivity.
D. They need to update their network device drivers.
9. A technician needs to check which ports are open in the Windows Firewall. Which of the following will
allow the technician to view these settings?
A. netsh firewall show logging
B. ipconfig /all
C. netsh firewall show state
D. arp -a
10. Which of the following are methods to automatically update the antivirus application? (Select TWO).
A. Establish rules in the email scheduling program to perform updates.
B. Select Update Now from the program options.
C. Use the Automatic Update feature built into the application.
D. Use scripts.
E.Use Windows Update.
11. A remote user is attempting to install a new external storage device on their computer. The user reports
they only have one port open on the back of the device and the port is similar to the USB port their mouse is
connected to. The port has a bevel on one side and is slightly larger than the USB port. Which of the
following connector types is MOST likely being described?
A. IEEE 1394
B. USB 2.0
12. A customer reports that their newly purchased Windows Vista Home Premium notebook is unable to
see other computers in their home office. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause?
A. The Windows Defender service is turned on.
B. The Network Location Type is Work.
C. The Network Location Type is Private.
D. The Network Location Type is Public.
13. A Windows XP system locks up after the GUI starts to load. The system will start in Safe Mode. The
Event Viewer reports that a driver failed to load. Which of the following methods would help diagnose the
A. Enable boot logging. In Safe Mode, read the ntbtlog.txt file.
B. In Safe Mode, run the sigverif utility.
C. Restart the system from the OEM recovery CD; do a full restore.
D. In Safe Mode, run the driverquery utility.
14. A user works daily with video production and needs portable storage which will allow them to transport
their work back and forth from home. Taking the users storage and bandwidth requirements into
consideration, which of the following would BEST suit the users needs?
A. An external hard drive connected via eSATA
B. An external hard drive connected via USB 2.0
C. An external hard drive connected via serial
D. A thumb drive connected via USB 2.0
15. A computer is failing to boot. Which of the following tools would be used FIRST in troubleshooting?
A. Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR)
C. Power supply tester
D. Spectrum analyzer
16. Which of the following will reset the BIOS settings? (Select TWO).
A. Unplug the CMOS battery.
B. Unplug the power supply.
C. Switch on the reset jumper.
D. Replace the RAM.
E.Unplug the CPU.
17. A customer wants to check whether they have the necessary tools enabled to prevent intrusions and
virus attacks on a Windows Vista workstation. Which of the following tools can be used to display the
A. Security Center
B. Event Viewer Security log
C. Windows Defender
D. Windows Firewall
18. After a technician installs a new CMOS battery on a motherboard, which of the following will the
technician have to change?
A. Firmware version
B. System date/time
C. Bus speeds
D. Jumper settings
19. A technician is troubleshooting a WLAN card in a laptop. The wireless infrastructure is 802.11g. The
WLAN card is showing connected at 11Mbps. Which of the following would be the BEST reason why the
WLAN card is performing at that speed?
A. The WLAN card is 802.11g.
B. The WLAN card is 802.11b.
C. The WLAN card is 802.11n.
D. The WLAN card is 802.11a.
20. A user is trying to boot a desktop PC from their A: drive. Which of the following devices is the user
A. The floppy drive
B. The hard drive
C. The CD-ROM drive
D. The DVD-ROM drive
21. A technician has just installed an upgraded graphics card. The computers power turns off before it
finishes booting. Which of the following is the cause of the problem?
A. The monitor cannot display the increased resolution that is a feature of the new graphics card.
B. The power supply does not provide enough wattage to power the new graphics card.
C. The new graphics card is incompatible with the existing processor.
D. The computer does not have enough RAM to support the new graphics card.
22. A technician notices that the BIOS event log shows a chassis intrusion. Which of the following is the
MOST likely reason for the event?
A. There is a loose object in the case.
B. An optical drive drawer is open.
C. The computer case was opened.
D. An attacker hacked into the system.
23. A technician is cleaning spyware from a Windows XP machine. Because of the infections, the unit
cannot browse the Internet to obtain anti-virus updates.Which of the following is the BEST course of action?
A. Boot into safe mode and format the drive.
B. Install a pop-up blocker and update Internet Explorer.
C. Boot to Safe Mode with Networking and attempt updates.
D. Boot into safe mode and perform CHKDSK.
E.Apply updates manually by downloading the definition files on another machine.
24. If a technician is traveling outside of the US, which of the following should be checked before setting up
A. Local file format
B. Wattage setting
C. Local power codes
D. Voltage setting
25. After removing several obsolete programs from a PC, a user is experiencing slower than usually
processing times. Which of the following would be the BEST way to speed up the processing?
A. Use an external hard drive.
B. Defrag the hard drive.
C. Add more RAM to the computer.
D. Install a larger hard drive.
26. Which of the following could cause an Inaccessible boot drive error during the boot process?
A. HDD failure
B. DVI failure
C. USB failure
D. CD failure
27. A computer is redeployed after sitting in storage for a year and is now displaying the wrong date. Which
of the following is the cause?
A. The computers BIOS is corrupt.
B. The computers operating system needs to be updated.
C. The computers CMOS battery has lost its charge.
D. The computers power supply is failing.
28. Which of the following is the BEST way to deny unauthorized computers access to a network?
A. Disable DHCP.
B. Use MAC filtering.
C. Disable the SSID broadcast.
D. Use a network firewall.
29. Which of the following commands will allow a technician to disable startup programs?
30. Which of the following commands would create an emergency repair disk for the Windows 2000
Professional operating system?
C. bootcfg /rebuild